Monday, 23 September 2013

Vocabulary

WAL to extend our knowledge of new vocabulary

gibbered: My father called it that because he said the children gibbered and screeched an hung upside down. My guess: talking nonsense.

revelled: He was in his element on boat. My mother revelled in it too My guess: happy

exhilarating: ...shimming over in the waves, exhilarating in the speed of it. My guess: keeping up with a speed.X Dictionary lively

redundont: They were both being made redundont. My guess: When your not need in your job or the job is being closed.

liability:To him all animals were a nuisance and on board nothing but a liability. My guess: something thats there but not being cared.X Dictionary: disadvantage                

This is what we did in class, so basicly the teacher wrote the word and the sentence then I wrote my guess and the dictionary meaning.      

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Vocabulary is one of the biggest areas we can work on to improve your reading. Activities like this where you are trying to infer the meaning from the sentence and then confirm it with a dictionary help to build your comprehension skills.